Ijmb 2021 Biology Iii Practical Areas of Concentration Pdf, Ijmb 2021 Biology Iii Practical Areas of Concentration Notes, Ijmb 2021 Biology Iii Practical Areas of Concentration and, Ijmb 2021 Biology Iii Practical Areas of Concentration, Ijmb 20212022, Ijmb Syllabus 2021, Ijmb Timetable 2021, Ijmb Syllabus for Biology, Ijmb Syllabus for Physics, Ijmb Textbooks Pdf, Ijmb Brochure Pdf.
IJMB BIOLOGY III AREAS THAT YOU CANNOT ESCAPE IN YOUR EXAM (PRACTICAL)
TICKS is an ectoparasite of cattle, sheep, dog, and goat
The body of thick is divided into two segments which are;
- 📌Head Regi
It has four pairs of tough leathery integument and possesses a toothed hypostome– a piercing organ for sucking the blood of the host
Life Cycle Of Tick (specimen B):
The life cycle of most ticks occurs in four stages. These include the;
- 📌Adult stages
Each stage requires a separate host
- EGG A mature female tick, after sucking blood from its host, drops down and lays her eggs in the ground under grass and then dies
- Larvae The egg hatches into a larva with six legs. The larva crawls into the grass and attaches itself to the skin of any animal passing by. The larva feeds on the blood of the host and then falls to the ground
- NYMPHS The Larva now on the ground moults into a nymph with eight legs. The nymph also crawls and attaches itself to a second host. It feeds on the host and later drops to the ground.
- ADULT The Nymph now on the ground finally moults into an adult tick, which crawls into the grass and attaches onto a third host. If the adult tick is a female, it inserts its mouth parts immediately into the skin of the host and sucks blood. But if the adult tick is a male, it does not fix itself to the host but crawls on the skin in search of a female tick to mate with. After mating with the female, the male dies. When the female has sucked enough blood it falls on the ground and lays its eggs and the whole cycle is repeated.
ECONOMIC IMPORTANCE OF THE EFFECT OF TICKS
- They cause great annoyance and irritation to their host.
- They act as vectors of diseases, e.g. tick fever and heart water diseases.07062154881
- Injuries from their bites may become ulcerated wounds.
- Injuries or wounds caused may become source of secondary infection.
- Damage of the skin by tick on host reduces the quality of skin or hides
- They suck the blood of the host, thus leading to anaemia in host animal.
- The loss of blood may lead to loss of weight and death of host animal.07062154881
Control Of Ticks
- 1. Animals should be kept in clean surroundings.
- Animals should be dipped in insecticide solutions regularly to destroy ticks or spray them with ascaricide solution.
- Animal Bedding should be changed regularly.
- New stocks are to be isolated to ensure that they are free from infection.
Jamb Syllabus for Biology 20212022, 2020/2021 Jamb Syllabus for Physics, 2019 Jamb Physics, Current Chemistry Syllabus, Jamb Syllabus for Biology 2021/2022, 2020 Jamb Physics, Chemistry Syllabus for Jamb 2021, Ijmb Syllabus 2021, Ijmb Literature Syllabus, Ijmb Syllabus for Biology, Ijmb Past Questions and Answers Pdf Download, Biology Jamb Syllabus 2021 Pdf, Topics to Read in Physics for Jamb 2021, Jamb Syllabus for Chemistry 2020, Biology Most Expected Topics in Jamb, Jamb Chemistry 2020, Jamb Syllabus for English, Jamb Syllabus for Biology 2021 Pdf, Jamb Syllabus for Physics 2021, Jamb Syllabus for Chemistry 2021, Jamb Syllabus for English 2021, Biology Syllabus for Waec 2021, Jamb Series 2021, Waec Syllabus for Biology 2021/2022, Waec Biology Key Points, Waec Syllabus for Physics 2021, Waec Chemistry 2021, Waec Syllabus for Economics 2021, Area of Concentration for Chemistry Waec 2021, Ijmb Syllabus for Physics, Ijmb Textbooks Pdf